Terms & Conditions: Discerning Drinks Good Food and Wine Show Giveaway
Rules of Entry
This promotion is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and older.
This competition is a game of skill.
Full terms & conditions for this promotion are outlined below.
Disclaimer: Facebook is not associated with any promotions conducted by Discerning Drinks.
Terms & Conditions
1. The “Discerning Drinks Good Food and Wine Show Giveaway” promotion is open to residents of Australia, except employees and families of the Promoter and its affiliate companies, agencies and anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Family members include spouses, de facto spouses, parents, natural or adopted children and siblings, whether they live in the same household as the employee/contractor. No responsibility accepted for lost, late or misdirected entries.
2. To enter, sign up to The Discerning Drinks Co mailing list and tell us in 25 words or less, if you were on a tropical island and could only pick one drink for your entire stay, which drink would it be and why? For your chance to win 700mL Best Seller Cocktail Pack, which includes a bottle of Negroni, Margarita and a Cosmopolitan, plus a $250 gift card for the Discerning Drinks site.
3. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims, including copyright or trademark claims by other parties. Entries must not have won prizes or awards in other competitions or infringe any third-party rights.
4. Competition entries open: 21st June 12:00pm AEST and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 2nd July 2021.
5. You may enter as many times as you like throughout the duration of the competition.
6. The “Discerning Drinks Good Food and Wine Show Giveaway” promotion is a game of skill. Entries will be judged by the promoter and the most creative answers as deemed by the promoter will be the major winners.
7. There is 1 prize available which consists of:
- 700mL Bottled Cocktail of Negroni
- 700mL Bottled Cocktail of Margarita
- 700mL Bottled Cocktail of Cosmopolitan
- Discerning Drinks $250 gift card (for use on the site)
8. Total Price pool value: $517.00 AUD
9. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, we may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value.
10. Each winner will be contacted and notified via email on or before 5/07/2021
11. Winners must claim their prize by confirming their shipping address and providing proof of age within 72 hours of being notified. If the winner does not claim their prize within this period, the promoter will select another winner by the same means. Winners of any unclaimed prize will be notified by email.
12. Prizes will be shipped to the address provided before 30/07/2021.
13. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss and/or personal injury suffered by or to the winner and/or his/her friend that occur because of the winner's consumption of the prize.
14. It is against the rules to deliberately modify or decode the application to reveal information which may artificially increase your ability to win. Users who are deemed to have won through fraudulent means will not be eligible for prizes and these prizes will go back into the prize pool for other users to access.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so, save that the promoter shall not exercise this right unreasonably, subject to any written approval from a relevant Regulatory Authority.
16. Where event tickets are included in any prize, the Promoter and Prize Supplier expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or his/her guest) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize, or if the Promoter or prize supplier determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize.
17. If prizes are required to be posted or couriered to winners, the Promoter cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to prizes in transit. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner. This clause does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which are not able to be excluded under applicable Australian consumer protection laws.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct; infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights, or in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory language or in any other manner, not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
19. This promotion and these terms are subject to the jurisdiction of the relevant courts sitting in Australian States and Territories.
20. An entrant's personal data will only be held for the purpose of selecting the winner and will not be used for any other purposes whatsoever without their prior permission. Entrants' personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners' names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at their address set out below. Entrants grant the Promoter permission to communicate with them by phone and/or e-mail to provide details of the prize and/or instructions as to how the winner is to claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to it.
21. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity. The promoter may photograph, video and/or film activities relating to acceptance or consumption of the prize. Winners acknowledge that the promoter has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit without further permission from or payment to winners.
22. The Promoter is The Discerning Drinks Company Pty Limited (ABN 67 632 546 082). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion should be directed via email on the Discerning Drinks Website.
23. The Prize Supplier is The Discerning Drinks Company.
24. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Entrant releases Facebook from any liability, loss (including consequential loss), damage, claims, costs, expenses, death, or personal injury suffered or incurred by the Entrant arising out of, or in connection with, the Competition or the Prize. The Entrant acknowledges that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.